Thursday, March 20, 2014

Starting pre-school

What a day!

Well, I'll change my words to: WHAT A WEEK! Our dear Lady A is here, installing herself and we're both adapting ourselves to each other. She flew all the way from Thailand and has never been to somewhere with snow ... or hardly outside Thailand, but she is a quick learner and everything works more then well after just four days. She is a girl with high ambitions in life and I like that!
Well enough about that and I'll get back to it soon. This post is and should be about our amazing little son, Alexis. Three days of "invänjning" at pre-school (where the parents needs to be the whole day with the children, so they feel safe when the day comes (today) where you actually leave them there) I mean, was this little boy excited? Oh yeah! He loved it from the first day and everything went so fine. And today came the day when I left him, all by himself for six hour at pre-school. Unfortunately there's so much snow all of the sudden in Sweden, but he was so prepared in the morning and packed his own little bag so proud.
My big little A looking out over our steps, in this winter landscape.
M was most afraid how I would manage and adapt to the big change, but honestly, I've been home with him for almost three years and I know it's a privilege. I'm so humble and grateful for the job I've been able to do with him - but now, he is ready to fly with his own wings. So well behaved (mostly) and so mature.
It was not hard at all, I actually felt so happy and uplifted for him. Being home by myself with two very small children ... the hardest thing I've ever done.
In pre-school he gets so much joy and stimulation from other kids - who could say no to that? I wish I would give the same to little Leon, but no, I don't think I can be home so long with him. I'm eager to do something else also.
And this picture, all messy and bubbly and happy and fulfilled, just says it all. Welcome back home my beautiful boy. The teachers said you were marvellous and not one second did you feel sad or scared. Well done!
This afternoon we celebrated; me, Lady A, Leon and Alexis with "havrebollar" (oat boll/cookies) and pampered him with love.


21 comments:

  1. Mitt lilla hjärta! Maila och berätta hur det gick.

    /L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh stina your little boy is becoming cuter and cuter on every picture you post! You surely can be proud of him (and of yourself, you manage it all very well from what we can see)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it was actually very nice to not have two kids by myself all day long!

      Delete
  3. Klart du ska vara stolt över honom! Måste vara skönt att veta att han känner sån trygghet och har en inre styrka som gör att han inte blir rädd för nya situationer, eller att vara utan dig. Och så kul för honom att få nya kompisar och göra allt spännande man får göra på dagis/förskolan. MVH Laila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I think the fact that we followed him for three days (m one day, me and leon two days) was also if major importance!

      Delete
  4. And what is Alexis wearing? Brands? Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course:

      jacket - Petit Bateau
      pants - Petit Bateau
      cashmere shawls - COS
      hat - italian brand (don't remember, many years since)
      boots - Ralph Lauren
      grey sweater - Ralph Lauren
      bag - bought close to our summer house in a children store

      Delete
  5. He's so cute - quite the little man! Great to hear it's all working out so well with your new nanny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww he's a big boy now. I'm happy for you that his transition into school was an easy one. The elementary years are such a magical time in school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is necessary for a little boy to wear so many brands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very few things in life are truly neccessary, but when given a choice why would this outfit be a concern for you? I don't see any extravagances here, only nice looking, quality children's clothing. Why does it bother some people what other people (and/or their children) wear? Is Stina not entitled to buy whatever she wants with her own money? /Celia

      Delete
  8. Alexis looks so proud of his first day. A true little man.
    Life will change with Lady A dear Stina. Ouf a wind of liberty flying a little bit for you.
    Hugs. Uta

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, he looks so grown up, how did this happen so quickly?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww! He looks SO happy! /Anette,Oslo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alexis looks so grown up! How quickly the time goes by. I love his little, warm hat with the Huge pom-pom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The mirror looks amasibg! Brand?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an art piece we got from London.

      Delete