Wednesday, April 9, 2014

WEDNESDAY LIST

My sister has started a addictive tradition, every week she post a Wednesday List of random questions on her blog, which is just so much fun. We're all big fans of lists and questions (right?) so I though of doing a copy past on that one directly every Wednesday and publish the same one here with my answers to her questions. Her last list is not that funny for me, since most of the answers would be the same, but i'll copy the one before.
Here we go.

How are you? Well Thank you for asking, but had better days. So many problems that needs solutions and I'm already lacking energy as it is.

What are you doing at this moment? Well, trying to find another lady to come and live with us (which answers the problems above). I'm also planning what to pack for the upcoming and ever so exciting trip to mi hermana.

What have you been doing this week? I have started Pilates again after a week of sickness but nevertheless taking care of my children and family as usual. It's a full time job for sure. Not a very exciting week. Actually this everyday life back in Stockholm and a house in a residential suburb... I find it sometimes hard.

What did you eat for dinner Monday evening? A very nice peruano meat dish with cinnamon, raisins, garlic as flavours and a couscous combo with avocado pieces. A clear favourite!

What did you last buy? Well you can see them on the picture above. A wonderful and chic coat/cardigan from Sand from Gillblads.se and this perfect and just so nice bag from See by Chloé from the same place. They just got delivered to my door. The fanciness of internet! I also bought baby milk for Leon earlier today and colouring products for my eyebrows.

Which is your biggest physical addiction? In this order: 1. Alexis and Leon, 2. My man, 3. Coffee in the morning, 4. Passionate kisses, 5. Beautiful, aesthetic perfection around me, 6. Travels, 7. Memories, 8. Food, 9. To sometimes get tipsy and let go, 10. Chocolate and salt liquorice.

What will you do this weekend? If anyone possibly have missed out - taking my mother and flying to my little sister in Barcelona. In other words: enjoying life to the fullest.

What makes you happy? In fear to sound cliche and repeating; my family, my children, to achieve things and to feel like life is offering you adventures which I can learn and grow from. To feel good and positive inside and out and live a life where it feels like you have an important purpose and where you are as free as possible from mechanistically patterns where you just live without questioning and developing the purposes of it. I understand that we all have obligations, but I would love to have them as vivid as possible to be able to live MY way of life instead of societies way of telling us how to live and do things

If you could move wherever you wanted, except where you live right now, where would you move? Well, let's forget that we need jobs, that the children needs good pre school and all of that sometimes frustrating truth - then I would move to somewhere in Italy or maybe US (both not the best when it comes to education unfortunately). I need the climate to be mild and sunny, the surrounding to be absolutely beautiful and the advantage of interesting travels around the corner. I would be the happiest! Sweden is absolutely not my cup of tea, I had to come back to realise it again.

Favorite pastry? Something with butter and lemon.

Mention something you are proud of accomplishing in life? Actually a lot of things. But mostly I'm proud of my spontaneous, daring, social, easy going, analytic personality who got me trough all the incidents which I'm now very proud over.

What kind of goals and dreams do you have for the future? Moving away from Sweden again when the time is right. Finding somewhere to call home for a longer time then a couple of years that offers a better climate and a better everyday life quality (Sweden has a lot to offer, but it also lacks my sort of passion, happiness and I'm already bored). I would like to start designing what I've been planning for quite some time now. Some of my strongest goals are obviously to make sure my boys grow up to be strong, smart, humble, (mother loving) entrepreneurs with great minds and hearts who has the true values in life.
Else, I just want to have a fun everyday life where Stina is getting some time again and where the family is traveling, loving, laughing and fulfilling our visions whatever they may be.

What do you appreciate in other people? I can't stand too complicated or boring creatures and need a fun spirit, with life experience who are social, spontaneous, generous, kind and loving. If they like to organise a nice dinner and have a somewhat different personality with dynamic and inspiring sides - then I'm hooked. I like passionate humans, people who wants something with their life and also who are eager to make life something memorable!

Mention a memorie from your childhood? Well, one of the greatest one is probably the day my parents came and told me that I would get little sister or a brother! I had longed for one during ten years and then, finally she came, little Lissie. I was so incredibly happy. Another fun memory is our dance performances in the big windows of NK here in Stockholm. Me in "cykelbyxor", belly top and ballerina shoes, 12 years old doing the coolest moves in this world (i thought at the time ..). A sight for a sore eye.

34 comments:

  1. Stina, I think it's really sad that you're already bored with Sweden - having spent time and money on the move. I still have to say (I hope you don't mind) that I was surprised to find out you were moving back to Sweden, especially to a suburb.

    Having read your blog for probably more than four years and getting a glimpse of who you are I wouldn't imagined you living in a suburb in Sweden, there's nothing wrong with living in a suburb I just didn't see YOU there.

    I hope you find balance and some peace of mind sooner than later.

    Best,
    Astridur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree. I was also really surprised by the fact that you Stina moved back to Sweden. I never saw that coming. You are talking about moving in the future which seems idealistic but the advantages of Sweden are, after all, many. You probably moved back because the free educational system? In the States it is probably going to be really expensive compared to Sweden. Sweden is a beautiful country but as Astridur say I never saw you moving back especially since you always travelled, liked different cultures and always spoke about it etc. But maybe Sweden is something you cannot get away from? Neither way I think it is really important to be greatful for what the country offer and if you don't like it you always have a choice. I was also very surprised seeing you living in a Swedish suburb. It isn't you or atleast not the person you try to show us here on the blog.If that is the real you or not we will probably never be able to tell.

      Delete
    2. Having read every blog post, I can see why she moved back to Sweden- she is extremely close to her Mum and Dad and wanted her children to grow up close them them. But I see her as a sort of World Traveller and can't wait to see where they move next.

      Delete
  2. Hi Stina
    Ever thought of moving to Australia. You would love the climate and the education for the boys is pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Stina would be a massive hit here!

      Delete
  3. I'm surprised you say US, I don't think you would like it here either. Good luck finding a new nanny too. :/ Enjoy your adventures in Spain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic dear Stina. How much we knows you better through this questionary.
    Once more for the lafy, find a Philippinine or Asian one they are very serious and hard worker.
    Of course, the problem for children, they speak only English.
    Spend a wonferful we with your mum and sister in Barcelona.
    Big hugs
    Uta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she had an Asian woman, as long as Thailand is still in Asia:) BTW - what happened to that lady?

      Delete
  5. Nice read, Stina! I feel for you on the Sweden part - my family is in a similar situation. I actually do not see Sweden as a very good place for education either, however, at least not when the children start "real" school (preschool here is very good, I think). In Italy (and surely also in the US) you can find some very good schools but you need to be choosy and sometimes you need to pay a lot for them. It is starting to be very much the same here in Sweden. So as far as I see it, Sweden is a very good choice when you have infants, toddlers etc. as the society is very family friendly and employers have to accept that you stay at home with your children when they are very young and later when they are ill, there is cheap and good childcare (förskola) etc. Later on, I am not sure that the balance is the same. We take it one year at the time but keep an open mind about moving abroad (hopefully South) in a few years.

    Good luck finding your balance and your path ahead, hopefully spring will finally settle also in Scandinavia so life gets a bit easier also here. And enjoy sunny Spain, we will also soon pack our back for a Southern European destination!

    MK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry it's not working out with your nanny, what a hassle that must be, fingers crossed that it all gets sorted smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I also was surprised a bit that you decided to move to Sweden. And Täby....Good for mothers walking around in earthkeepers, not Valentinos ;-) Sweden is good in many ways, but with your means, you could have it good anywhere, I suppose. Coming from Eastern European country, I highly appreciate the order, logic and human-friendliness of Sweden. But at the same time I can't overlook the fact that it doesn't have the vibe one would like to get at least from time to time...I sometimes make an effort and try meeting people, inviting them, throwing parties....but not much in return. Luckily, I'm a person who doesn't have any big social needs. Otherwise I'd die here....But done is done and you'll have to manage somehow. I'm sure you will, but I understand you more than ever when you say that you're so bored here ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like this new tradition... really fun to read!wink

    ReplyDelete
  9. Detta var så bra och kul att du gjorde en kopia av, heja och tack syster L! ;)Har också följt dig under lång tid, jag hoppas att allt löser sig, det kanske var meningen att ni flyttade till Sverige trots allt. För att upptäcka att ni ska bo på ett ställe i ett annat land där ni kan leva som ni mer önskar. Även om allt har sina för och nackdelar så märks det att du saknar mycket enligt dina svar. Det kommer göra dig gott att åka iväg några dagar nu. Önskar er riktigt fina och avkopplande dgr tillsammans! Och såklart att du snart finner mer harmoni och balans, unnar dig verkligen det. Du gör det så bra på alla sätt! Och fortsätt med inlägg som dessa, lova det! :) Kram

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's what I suspect that I will feel if we move back!! So I probably should just put that thought on ice for a couple of more years!! Regarding your helper is it really that bad, or could it possibly be "fixed" after "training" her for a month or so and telling her exactly what to do and how to do it? The good ones are usually the ones that are a bit older and have experience of working as a helper, most of the young ones require some kind of training and you constantly telling them how to do things, after a while they get it and things get easier! But during that period you might feel like "ohhh why even bother" or that it causes more work then actually helping you!! I've had my helper for 2 years and things can still be very frustrating! She has 3 kids of her own so I thought "great, she can help me and probably know more then I do about raising kids" but NO!! (However I can trust her and she is a nice person :-) ). It is a tricky situation as here's this new person that you don't know, moving in with you and becoming a part of your life!! Anyhow I hope things get better/easier and that the helper issue gets resolved soon!
    /B

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hej Stina, kanner igen mig i sa mycket av det du skriver. Sverige fick ingen bra start for oss heller och efter ett ar ar vi tillbaks utomlands och jag ar antligen mig sjalv igen. Sa glad! Kanns hemskt att inte sakna nanting fran Sverige (utom det sjalvklara som familj och vanner sa klart!). Hoppas det snart kanns battre, varen och sommaren brukar ju gora under.
    Ville ocksa tacka dig for inspirationen du gav mig att prova Pilates. Hade min forsta privata lektion idag och jag alskade det!! Verkligen nagonting som jag kommer fortsatta med.
    Ha en underbart helg i Barcelona!
    Kom pa nu att jag borde skrivit pa engelska.. Nasta gang!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marta how do you know that Stina had an Asian help!? Il never read it and no, a Philippine girl is not a Thai person concerning home work sorry.. I speak by experience!
    Uta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what gross generalisations about the work ethic of certain nationalities. Such narrowmindedness. As a half-Thai woman, I find such a generalisation of all my nationality as very lame, we are a hardworking country and just because one lady doesn't work out you cannot make assumptions about a whole country. I find that Europeans who don't live in Asia often make these assumptions based on limited experience and it makes them seem so closed minded to rest of the world.

      Delete
    2. She wrote it once here. And I'm not saying that a Philippine is the same as Thai, but you wrote that Stina should take EITHER a Philippine OR Asian.

      Delete
    3. I have to agree with Marta here, her helper is from Thailand she wrote that in a previous post! And Philippines is still located in Asia, but I'm assuming there was a slight misunderstanding due to a language mishap :-), and that you (Uta) meant that she should hire some one from the Philippines or ANY other Asian country!

      Delete
    4. Wow again with the culturally insensitive and inappropriate remarks. "Any other Asian country"?! Only a few Asian countries export domestic labourers -- Philippines, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Thailand and to a lesser extent India and Bangladesh. A Korean, Japanese, Hong Konger, etc would find such a comment about finding someone from any other Asian country to do your domestic work pretty pathetic. These are highly educated countries that don't export their people as common labourers. And, Uta, FYI, in much of Asian countries where live in domestic help is popular, (since we do seem to be making gross,
      unsubstantiated claims about nationalities) Indonesian maids are generally preferred over Filipina maids. Just saying, since your "experience" is not that of many who employ maids in Asia.

      Delete
    5. My reply was to try to "understand" what Uta meant as she wrote that she should hire a help from "Philippines or Asia"! And I guess you can agree with me that Philippines is in Asia, (there was a misunderstanding regarding the "or Asia" part that seemed to have started another discussion) so I just stated my assumption that there must have been a mishap in the communication and that she probably meant "Philippines or Any other country in Asia" (which sounds more correct!). It was just a possible "correction" of a simple spelling error, I repeat a correction of a spelling error (as you've seemed to have misunderstood things yourselves)!! But only Uta can actually answer that, because maybe she didn't mean "any other country in Asia" and maybe she thinks that Philippines isn't located in Asia, it was just MY own assumption!!

      Delete
  13. Marta looks to be a good teacher of what to do ro not.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a problem with my posts? A piece of freindly advice - don't read them. Simple as that. And what does my post in this thread have in common with lecturing anybody? Probably only as much as it is enough for some type of people to make a malicious comment.

      Delete
  14. It feels so sad, because you seems never be satisfied…...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stina, tack för din underbara blogg! Jag hittade den för ett par veckor sedan och har plöjt igenom hela arkivet, både i gamla bloggen och här... du ger mycket inspiration och äntligen någon som klär sig SNYGGT! Helt i min stil! Jag måste fråga varifrån den snygga tapeten kommer ifrån? Keep up the good work som man säger, du är fantastisk på alla sätt och vis och för mig en riktig förebild!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also loved to read your answers to these questions! I always enjoy reading your blog, you write about such interesting things and it is always fun to see how you dress, you have such an amazing wardrobe!

    I have to say I was a little bit surprised when I learned that you were moving back to Sweden. I guess I just never saw you as a typical Scandinavian, you are so free spirited and so open minded and I think that is something we don't see very much here in Scandinavia. I see many people who is so narrow minded and they only see one way of living as the right way to live. I also find that "Jänteloven" is still so present in Scandinavia, which is so sad. Of course I understand that we are all equal, but I just don't think that everyone has to live the same way or have the same believes as others.

    I have to say I have grown to be a big fan of Americans, so I can totally relate to you wanting to move there. I find that Americans are so open minded and such a lovely people, I love the fact that they just chat with someone who they don't know, which is pretty rare to see here in Norway.

    I hope you have a great trip to visit your sister and that you soon find the energy you are lacking!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you should now make a picture and think about a real wisdom what says that:

    "Your life is a result of the choices YOU make"


    ReplyDelete
  18. Since i lived in the city and hated it at the end, i went back to country….and…surprise….its not good for me and my live also.
    Sometimes changes are good to really get to know what we want and where those journey will led us.I always try to think positive (honestly sometimes i can´t smile, am just a little "depressed" and sad because i don´t know what life will bring to me) and concentrate only on the next step, take it, handle with my decision and then go on!I am convinced that this stop in Sweden will bring you closer to yourself!Try to get the best out of it!Only if its that you started Pilates ;) and got your first house with M and the kids together.
    Hasta la vista;)
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  19. Living in the suburbs (regardless of the country) can be challenging.for all the reasons that Stina identifies. If you work full time coming home to the suburbs is a bit easier because you seek relaxation and quiet when home.

    Regarding the USA, living in a bedroom community to a major city can provide balance between city living and rural/suburban living. The bedroom cummunities can be quite varied. Some have lovely shops, restrants, parks, and excellent school systems as well as outstanding private school options.

    These bedroom communities can be about 30-40 minutes to a major city where you find top restaurants, designer shops, museums, clubs, bars, stadiums, symphony....

    For example, New York City is an outstanding example of city living but 30-40 minutes outside of the city you find many bedroom communities that offer easy access to the City. Most public schools in the USA are rated and it is easy to evaluate whether a particular system meets your personal requirements. There are also many private schools that come with outstanding reputations.

    I think Stina should give the USA some consideration. Nothing has to be forever. Experiencing all the spices of life is great.
    Susan (USA)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved this post so much. Not only as another chance to get to know you, but also because we are talking about whether to stay where we are or to move to one of our home countries where housing is more affordable. Your journey gives me a lot to think about. Even though we will get more for our money elsewhere, I'm worried that I won't easily fit in like I do here and it will be a step back in terms of our development. Perhaps it's better to accept a smaller house further out for now in order to continue on our new path in London?

    I find for anyone who has lived in a number of cities/countries it's tough to decide on where to settle. Every place fits in some way but in other ways you have outgrown them because you have continued to develop. No one place will ever feel completely right. I'm really enjoying reading other commenters' stories about the choices they have made.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree with all comments given, I do not understand what you buy a house there, without you msn...
    May be for a good investment but your style is not be alone with 2 childten most part of week alone, in a bad climate but true near your parents?
    Well dear Stina move quick before becoming depressed.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And alone in Täby, of all places. Maybe a nicer neighbourhood, but a smaller house.

      Delete
  22. What if they do not want to be entrepreneurs? Isn't perfection boring?

    ReplyDelete